Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hello

So last night I get home at 5:00pm and Tori tells me that there is a suprise b-day party for this little boy in her class TONIGHT (Thursday) @ 5:30pm! HELLO! They sent the invitation to school that day. I was a little leary about letting her go but it was all good and she had a great time. She wasn't ready to go when I got there. My kids are at that age where it's time to let go a little. When do you know that it is ok and that they will be fine. With all of the violence and crap you hear everywhere I never want to let them go anywhere or with anybody that I don't "KNOW"! I mean, "KNOW"! Does that make sense? And naturally they don't understand why they can't go to a simple birthday party. So yes it was a big step for me to take and don't think I wasn't watching the clock like a Hawk waiting for 7:00pm to hit so I could go and pick her up! Actually I picked her up 5 minutes early! Is that bad???

2 comments:

Summer said...

WHAT you didn't know them???!?!?!? Was the party in Augusta?!??!! And you didn't KNOW them???? j/k!!! :)~

aday said...

Not at all. I got a call from my 5th grade daughters boyfriends mom who wants to take her with him to his last football game saturday.

WHAT she is 11 she still fits in her bubble!