Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lazy days

Sunday is my official lazy day! My don't get out of my PJ's, don't brush my hair or leave the house days! And definately NO MAKEUP days! So Friday was my anniversary and Rick had to work so it was just me and the kiddos again this year! We ate out at McD's (yeah) and then when we came home I let the kids play outside for awhile. It seems like we haven't done that in so long because there is always something else to do. So while we were out there I had Tori take some pics of me! I am trying really hard to participate in Summer's aweso'me' class and I figured if I am going to do that I would eventually have to have pics of myself. Trust me there are none to speak of! So I kept 13 so I would have some. Summer...I know you are impressed there is pink in there! I still have some cropping to do and I think I will make some black and white, but you get the idea. Here are a couple....




Anyway, Rick and I went out last night. We just left for the big hoppin' city of Wichita with no plans, no agenda and nowhere to go. We went to the mall to do some small shopping (which Rick hates, shopping and especially the mall. He avoids it like the plague!!!) and then went to dinner out west at Logan's Steakhouse. Then just ran around after that doing nothing! It was so nice to not have to be somewhere at a certain time and have a schedule or get back home to put the kids in the bed. Or to even have an adult conversation without an interruption. I miss him so much, but being together for that one night makes me realize how much I miss him even more. My mom always gives wonderful advice and here is something she has always said to me that I hope will help all of you girly's too! One day...20 years from now...it is just going to be you and your husband. Your kids will be grown, doing their own thing and it will just be the two of you again, just like when you got married. If you don't take time for the two of you now...then how will you still like each other or have anything to talk about then? She is so great about taking the kids every so often so that Rick and I can be together. And for that I am so greatful. Love you mom! Well...here's to the rest of my lazy Sunday.............

2 comments:

aday said...

Thats way funny how alike we are. Sundays are my no hair no makeup days, but we had a family dinner so for the sake of them I did the makeup but not the hair. Comprimise right?

The second pic of you is my favorite please use that sometime.

Summer said...

I am glad you guys out and had a good time!! Happy Anniversary!! And look at you and the pics!!! AWESOME job girly! And yes I am impressed with the PINK!!! Love it!!