Friday, October 19, 2007

She Eats!!!

Those girls at ScrapFunattic are just so darn helpful. I know you all know that and I know that also but in more ways than one! I'll explain in a minute. Last night the Fam went out to eat, do some grocery shopping and get Halloween Costumes. We stopped at John's Animal World on the way TO Wichita to buy some Crickets! That's right...Crickets. They were so gross running around in their tank. I know some of you are thinking...Crickets are everywhere. Why don't you just catch one. Because they are bigger than Izzy. The ones we bought last night are the size of my pinky fingernail. .99cents/dozen. At least they weren't expensive. $1.00!!!! So the lady puts them in a brown paper bag (I'm already not impressed) and staples it at the top. I asked for another one because I am double bagging to make sure they don't get out. She says, "Honey, it doesn't matter how many bags you use they will chew threw within 2 hours." WHAT??? Is she kidding? I said, "NO,NO,NO...we are on our way to Wichita and won't be back in 2 hours!" Her: "Well then I suggest you take them home!" I leave in AUGUSTA. This is to Andover. I am not turning around and going back. HELLO!! So...I had an idea. So off to ScrapFunattic I go. I walk in carrying the brown bag and set it on the counter and ask Kristy and Deb if I can have a plastic bag (like the one the kits come in) so I can insert my brown bags into it and seal it to help further contain the crickets. Kristy says, "OMG...is that Urine?" I thought I was going to fall on the floor! Like I would bring you urine! TOO FUNNY!! So Deb says, "What is it?" CRICKETS!!! Kristy said she would rather it have been urine. Always a good time at the ATTIC! Deb gives me the plastic bag and ask me if I ever dreamed I would be buying Crickets. LORD NO!!! But I guess you will do whatever to make your children happy! So 4 hours later we make it home (yes the crickets are still in the bag) and Rick and the kids dump them in her cage. There are 12 mind you...and she starts FREAKING OUT! She is running all over her aquarium and jumping up the sides and every time one of them touches her she has a fit. Her chest is expanding to where I know it is just going to explode. The kids said it was like having their very own Animal Planet right in Tori's room. So they take some out and she chills out. They only left 2 and this morning there is only 1! So...the Izzy watch is still on.................
~Did you know that you can tell the temperature by counting cricket chirps? Here's how you do it. Go outside at dusk or at night and find a chirping cricket. Count the number of chirps it makes during a 15-second period. Then, add 40 to the number of chirps. The total will be pretty close to what the actual temperature is in Fahrenheit.~

4 comments:

Summer said...

Gotta love the girls at Scrapfunattic!!!! Always taking care of their peeps!! Amy I am soo proud of you for handling th e crickets soo well! I know how you are about little critters!!lol I am glad to hear that Izzy has eaten!! I asked Tori about it the other night, she was too cute!

kristyM said...

Hey I have to vacumm those nasty things up. HATE THEM!!! I am SO glad they didn't chew through the bag!!!! LOL

wild4scrapsandstamps2 said...

HEY AMY, THANKS FOR LETTING US CRASH YOUR PARTY SATURDAY, I HAD A BLAST. YOU ARE SO CRAZY!!! I WASN'T CRAZY ABOUT WEARING MAKEUP BUT FOR YOU HONEY I DID IT. YOU ROCK!!! I HOPE WE HELPED TO MAKE YOUR BIRTHDAY A GOOD DAY!!! TAKE CARE AND ROCK ON SISTA!!!

~BuzyKeriBee~ said...

NOOO... It's more like gotta luv ya'll!!! YOu all are soo super that it's great we have all crossed paths... Glad to hear about Izzy and her GORMET meal...LOL ewww I know your fobia about critters and I am the same way... EEEEWWWWW! Thanks for letting us crash your party... it was fun and to see us all the way we dressed... AHHAHAHA like..aOhMyGod.. I just can't believe we all still have stuff in our closets like that... AHAHA It was totally awesome!! Just goes to show that the 80's will never die!!!!!