Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Have you got an hour?

Do you remember that line from French Kiss? When she gets to the Hotel in Paris and Meg Ryan sets down and the theif sets down beside her and he ask, "Why the long face? You are in Paris...the city of love?" And she says, "Have ya' got an hour?" And he says, "As a matter of fact, always!" You have to say his parts with a french accent! It makes it so much better! ANYWAY...ok so long story short, Tori has been sick, she got better, when I got home from work last night she was sick throwing up again so she layed down, I called the doctor and off to the hospital we went. They were worried because of the way it has come and gone that it might be something other than a virus. Like possible appendisidis (I know I didn't spell that right)! We checked in at 9:13pm and didn't leave until 1:45am!I really lucked out though because one of Rick's buddies was working as the admin. nurse and took us right back. He was so helpful trying to get things moving along. You know that people that were there waiting were probably not impressed. The absolute worst part of the evening: besides the hospital and blah, blah, blah...was them trying to start an I.V. on her! The couldn't get it, they tried 3 times and her screaming crying, "Momma make them stop!" My mom had gone over with us and I don't think I could have done it with out her! REALLY! My mom was helping calm her as much as I was trying and it was taking all of us that's for sure. Rick was having a really hard time. We all were! He has seen sooooo much in his line of work and it doesn't bother him. Just because he has come accustom to it. But he does not handle anything or anyone harming his babies. It's like we play opposite roles. He is big tough meany with anyone else and I am a weeny! But with the kids I am the tough one and he is the weeny. Once we finally got home and got to bed Tori asked me if I would lay with her for a little bit. When we got laid down she said to me, "Mom, I am sorry for putting you through this stuff tonight!" So that is when I thought I was really going to loose it! I think between her and Nate getting up after that I've had maybe 3 hours of sleep. I am exhausted today and I'm not sure if it's more emotional or physical. I am sure it is both. I have really laid off of the caffeine since I have been trying to "eat better" but I am thinking I might have to cave in and have it today for sure if I'm going to make it! Anyway...have a good Tuesday.

3 comments:

Michielle said...

Amy, so sorry that you had such a terrible night!! Did they find 'anything'?? on Tori?? Those ER waiting rooms are awful. I think I'm with you on the caffiene thing....sounds like you need it today!!! Can't wait to meet you at CAG!!! Michielle
By the way, is it snowing and blowing like crazy up there?.. it is here....about 60 miles south of you!!!

wolffx5 said...

Yes...I should have said that at the end! DUH! They think there is a viral something attacking her bowels. Just her bowels! And since they are so messed up that is what is causing her to be so naucious and throwing up and stuff. Thanks so much for asking!!

aday said...

oooh Amy bless your heart I will be thinking of you all day today.
Tell her I am thinking of her, it seems everyone here has been passing it around I just hope I dont get that hand off.